Friday 11 July 2014

Mistakes

It's Foolish trying to tell me, that mistakes I've made aren't real
And pointless making comments, when you don't know how I feel
When interactions matter and conversations hurt
And words are said, that would be better, left down in the dirt
I'll make the worthless gestures and follow protocol
I'll try to make it better, but end up like a troll
They say we all learn lessons, but why is it so hard
When truth appears from deep within and leaves us marked and scarred
Time may pass, but still it strikes and punches at your heart
Reminders of the arguments, you wish you didn't start
Mistakes can pass, but only when they're small
It's the failures that consume you, as beneath the cracks you fall
I know I'll never save this time or be the one again
But always deep inside of me a part of you remains

No comments:

Post a Comment